That's a wrap! USPA Board Meets in Nashville
The USPA Board of Directors held its fourth meeting of the 2019-2021 term in Nashville, Tennessee, September 18-20. For the first time, the board meeting was broadcast live via Zoom Webinar for any USPA members to observe.
Meeting highlights include:
- The USPA board of Directors worked on a values statement and an online code of conduct. Pending final adoption, these statements will be released soon.
- Your primary membership card is currently available in your USPA profile for download and printing. if you would like a physical card mailed to you upon joining, renewing, or adding a license or rating, please ensure settings reflect that preference.
- Coaches will soon have verification blocks they can sign on the 2-page A-license card to mirror the signature authority they have on the 4-page A-license card.
- Regional Directors are now able to renew ratings up to 15 days expired. A $40 expired rating renewal fee will apply.
- To assist Drop Zones where additional proctoring personnel are needed, USPA Judges will now be able to administer the A, B, and C License tests and USPA Judge Examiners can administer the D License test.
The board awarded the following USPA service awards:
- The USPA Gold Medal for Meritorious Service to Kurt Gaebel, D-18635 and Yong Chisholm, D-21693.
- The USPA Regional Achievement Awards will be announced soon.
After 24 years of service for USPA, Executive Director Ed Scott attended his 48th and final board meeting. President Chuck Akers presented Ed with a plaque from board and staff commemorating his dedication.
A full report will appear in the November issue of Parachutist. The board will meet next January 29-31, 2021 in Cincinnati, Ohio.