View also in the ONLINE VERSION or FLIP BOOK.
Read more about the SCM...
Published on Sunday, July 1, 2018
USPA is looking for 15 remarkable photographs for the 2019 USPA Skydive Calendar. Photos may be submitted under the submissions page or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If emailing, please indicate “calendar submission” on the subject line. Photographers must submit entries by July 31 for consideration.
Please take the following into account when submitting:
• Photos should be high-resolution digital images—we cannot print scans, stills captured from video (even high-definition video) or photos taken from social media sites such as Facebook.
• The submitter must indicate the drop zone at which the photo was taken, the full names of anyone pictured (if fewer than eight people are in the photo) and the full name of the photographer. Those submitting photos taken by another person must have permission from the photographer before submitting.
• Photos should have been taken within the last few years.
• Photos should not have copyright information or watermarks superimposed on the images themselves.
• USPA will not consider submissions that depict violations of any of USPA’s Basic Safety Requirements or the Federal Aviation Regulations.
For further guidelines, visit the submissions page.
USPA aims to display a variety of skydiving disciplines in the calendar. The Communications staff selects photographs based on uniqueness, composition, clarity and overall appeal. Photographers receive $150 for each photo selected.
Author: USPA Staff
Categories: Five Minute Call
Tags: July 2018
On October 23, Advanced Aerospace Designs issued reminders of approaching deadlines for compliance with its last two service bulletins.
PIA released Service Bulletin PSB-10092020 affecting after-market tandem main risers constructed with obsolete RW2 rings. All sport tandem main risers produced with RW2 rings, or equivalent sized rings, are affected regardless of the hardware manufacturer, the date of manufacture, the material type or the forging process used. This PSB does not affect "solo" main risers that use RW2 rings. Compliance is MANDATORY – REPLACE BEFORE THE NEXT JUMP.
The FAA is adopting a new airworthiness directive (AD) for certain Uninsured United Parachute Technologies, LLC (UPT) parachutes. This AD results from reserve pin covers (RPCs) catching on the parachute container flaps and preventing the reserve parachute from deploying. This AD requires modifying the RPC before the next parachute jump and replacing the RPC at the next reserve parachute packing. The FAA is issuing this AD to address the unsafe condition on these products.
It’s no secret that more and more people are turning to giving gifts of experiences instead of material things.
Strong Enterprises issued Service Bulletin #35 mandating inspection of the 3-ring attachment on tandem drogues manufactured between June 22, 2020, and February 2, 2021 whose last three digits of the serial numbers between 625 and 714. Status is MANDATORY. Compliance is IMMEDIATE – before the next jump.
USPA 5401 Southpoint Centre Blvd., Fredericksburg, VA, 22407 (540) 604-9740 M-F 9am-5pm Eastern (540) 604-9741 email@example.com